Fonio Obà: media coverage
Major media coverage and editorials on our launch of Fonio in Europe.
It has been a year since we, of Obà Food, brought Fonio to your tables, a grain so ancient and so innovative at the same time. Fonio has enjoyed an unexpected success in such a short time: the grains and the flour have been really appreciated from consumers who looks for an alternative to corn, quinoa or teff.
Everybody liked Fonio and this encourages us in our food innovation journey. Actually, the Fonio Obà pasta, which has just been released, will be a further opportunity to appreciate the delicate taste and nutritional properties of the cereal.
Newspapers, magazines and TVs have regularly started to talk about this cereal, its history and its incredible nutritional benefits. Fonio, in fact, represents the real novelty in recent years in the field of healthy eating and sustainable agriculture. Before we started the project, almost nobody, had ever heard about Fonio.
Here are some of the Italian articles and TV programs that gave space to Fonio, which we thank for having contributed to spread the awareness about this natural and sustainable grain:
- Il Sole 24 Ore - “Panettone with fonio flour, the ancient gluten free super grain” (06/12/2018): <<Fonio has a nutty, ancient, wholemeal flavour with a slightly sweet taste which evokes a rural aroma. Obà Food is the first European Company engaged on Fonio and they successfully managed the approval as Novel Food from the EU Commission.>>
- La Cucina Italiana – “Fonio, the super grain, approved as Novel Food” (14/01/2019): <<Fonio has three times the fiber and the double of iron compared to rice, it contains minerals and is source of vitamin B. It is naturally gluten-free and is rich in essential amino-acid which are not present in other grains.>>
- Gambero Rosso – “The African super food arrives to Europe” (15/01/2019): <<Fonio thanks to its unique nutritional properties will soon gain shares on the international markets. Back in 2017 also the American retailer Wholefoods started selling Fonio and it has been a great success.>>
- Il Sole 24 Ore - “Fonio is the Novel Food” (25/03/2019): <<It is not by chance that Fonio is considered a super food and it has low glycemic index as well. Fonio is drought resistant and it tolerates poor and arid soils, this makes it the ideal grain for an ethic and sustainable agriculture.>>
- Corriere della Sera – “Super Fonio” (05/04/2019): <<Its tiny grains are very easy to be cooked. Flavor is delicate and use is versatile: from fonio salad to vegan balls, but also sweet and savory baked goods, with the fonio flour. Rich in amino acids (almost like meat) and fibers, it is easily digestible.>>
- Donna Moderna – “Food novelty: fonio” (23/05/2019): <<Fonio is extremelly rich in antioxidants, in particular flavonoids, with precious antiaging benefits.>>
- Mi Manda RAITRE – “Grains, super food on our tables” (04/06/2019): <<Fonio, grain cultivated for over 5'000 years in Africa, is ecofriendly since it grows in arid soils. Gluten free, high in protein, fiber, minerals and with low glycemic index.>>
- Corriere della sera - “Fonio, quinoa, amaranth: the grains from the other world” (18/06/2019): <<Fonio is adapt for a diabetes-friendly diet and it helps against joint pains and inflammation.>>
We hope you will give soon a try to Fonio and we really look forward to hearing your feedbacks!